Solar-collectors over JPods rails gather the energy to power the networks. JPods are pollution-free, on-demand, personal mobility.
10X Benefits of JPods
Route-Time™ maps show travel times (click to enlarge). These are maps of the same network with different start points. The Red Cross is the start point:
- Green is 5 minutes
- Blue is 10 minutes
- Yellow is 20 minutes
- Red is 30 minutes
- Above: The JPods Queens network is privately funded at about $1.5 billion:
- Solar-powered mobility for most of Queens.
- On-demand 24x7
- Cargo and passenger service.
- Travel time between LaGuardia and Grand Central Station is 16 minutes 24x7.
- No wait times, service is on-demand.
- Below: The Red line is taxpayer proposed AirTrain at $1.5 billion.
- Coal, nuclear, and natural gas powered.
- Improves only mobility between LaGuardia and Willets Point Station.
- Travel times LaGuardia and Grand Central Station is 30 minutes.
- There are wait times between trains.
Ride from Grand Central to LaGuardia:
A 3-minute video about JPods:
JPods are a modern version of Morgantown's PRT. The solution to urban traffic problems has been known since 1972.
Walter Cronkite covered Tricia Nixon opening the first digital transportation network on Oct. 24, 1972.
- The Morgantown PRT network has since delivered 150 million oil-free passenger-miles with only two minor injuries. Injuries on roads are 11,200 per million (link).
- In that same period of time, the highway monopoly:
- Caused 1.8 million road-deaths.
- Caused Climate Change.
- Funded terrorists with oil-dollars.
- Required oil-wars since 1991.
Suspended networks are well understood as illustrated by the H-Bahn:
- H-Bahn vehicles are similar to buses.
- JPods vehicles are similar to cars:
- Designed to tailor the trip to the traveler.
- Non-stop from origin to destination.
- Remove the parasitic mass of the vehicle to reduce energy consumption to within a solar budget.
Suspended networks have incredibly wonderful safety records.